Skip to main content

Beauty: Younique Cosmetics Foundation & Concealer



I am a makeup and skincare product junkie, but on a day-to-day basis, I frequently go makeup free. Sometimes, it's all makeup, sometimes I wear eye make up and no foundation. There was a time, in my early 20s when I wouldn't think of leaving the house without even a little bit of makeup, but the older I get, the less I care, and it's actually done a couple of things for me. One, it's made me realize that you don't *HAVE* to wear makeup every day, nothing really happend when I wasn't wearing a full face of makeup, and two, my skin got better. I don't know if some of my skin getting better also came with age, or was in part thanks to not putting stuff all over my face,and then removing it each night. The world may never know.

That said, I do keep face makeup for those times when I want a flawless face to start with. A friend of mine from childhood is a Younique presenter, and I have tried the mascara - which I found to be mostly great, so when she invited me to a Facebook party I decided to pull the trigger, and replace my expired foundation with something new. Jenny perfectly color matched me to Younique's Organza, and I placed my order. Sadly, their primer, which was part of a "Kudos," I ordered, is back ordered until mid-July. This was fine with me, though since I'd just purchased a new bottle of Smashbox primer.

My June customer Kudos, came with the Foundation and Concealer in my color choice of Organza. I could have chosen another color for the concealer if I wanted. It also came with the backordered primer, and the foundation brush (brush closest to product in photo.) I also added the concealer brush, and the foundation brush in the foreground is my own, Mary Kay, which I use to apply the primer.

Once the package arrived, I cleaned my face, slapped on some primer, and then applied the concealer and foundation. While my skin has some dry patches that definitely showed up close, this stuff was awesome. The color match was perfect, the formula was lightweight, easy to blend and build, and didn't leave me feeling like I was wearing a mask. I've been fighting some dry skin patches on my forehead, and tops of my cheekbones, I think from the constant AC and hard water, here in AZ. I moisturized the crap out of those places, and only the forehead still had a bit of a flaky look up close. Thankfully in normal interaction no one could tell, and I am super pleased with the products!


Here I am, (left) before, and (right) after. I didn't have anywhere to be, so I didn't finish my makeup, just stuck with the new products. When I do a full face, I'll be sure to post :)

What's your favorite foundation brand?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When The Waves are Sorrow

I know the lyric to Across the Universe goes "pools of sorrow, waves of joy," and I understand the meaning. Sorrow can feel like a deep and endless pool, but for me, lately, the waves aren't of joy so much as sorrow and grief. Life lately has been survival and attempting to get back into what is the new "normal." The challenge is, I feel like I'm standing in the ocean, waist deep. Most of the time I'm floating in those pools, or at least along with the calm ebb and flow of the tide, but some days, like on Saturday, I am knocked over completely by a wave so big and powerful it pulls me under and holds me there. It hurts, and I can feel my lungs burning as I strain to hold my breath until the current releases me. This overwhelming ache of loss and sadness. I miss my mommy. I know it never goes away. I know this, and I know that eventually the waves are less powerful, either that or I better learn how to dodge them, ride them. There doesn't seem to be

Books: The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi

I've been staying at my parents' house in Phoenix for the last few weeks while my mom is in hospice care at home. She's battled cancer like a champion for the last two years, and over Mother's Day weekend, after being hospitalised due to chemo treatments, made the decision to cease treatment, and go into hospice. This has been an incredibly difficult time for my dad and me, even though I'm grateful to have the time to be here with her in what is left of her time here with us.  That being said, I had started another book earlier in the week, and my heart just wasn't in it. I needed something that was going to allow me to escape my own reality for a while, and when I saw the description of The Star-Touched Queen, I immediately ordered it for my Kindle.  " Fate and fortune. Power and passion. What does it take to be the queen of a kingdom when you're only seventeen? Maya is cursed. With a horoscope that promises a marriage of Death and Destruction

Watching Cancer Take My Mom

I’ve been snooping around my parents house, looking for old photos. I know we have them, my dad loves photography, and I know we have boxes of pictures around here somewhere. Snooping is probably too strong a word, really I’m just searching around. I’m trying to find as many photos of my mom as possible. Most of the photos that are around the house are studio portraits, or other photos of me, from school, from dance. There are few adult pictures of my parents that don’t also include a younger version of me. I want to find these photos because I want to have as many visual reminders of who my mom was, physically, before the cancer came. I want to remember her holding me while I suspiciously suss out Donald Duck, or holding me on her lap in a blue chair that’s almost just as much a part of my childhood memories. I want to remember her smiling, and vibrant, and sometimes, clearly annoyed with the photographer (my dad.) I want all of these as a constant reminder that my mom is so much